Wednesday, September 22

What is this feeling?

I feel guilty that I haven't been blogging. The problem is I only feel like blogging about politics right now, but my words seem inadequate to express how I think and feel. In listening to the Wicked cast album, I realized there was a song that says it very well:


What is this feeling, so sudden and new?

I felt it the moment I laid eyes on you.
My pulse is rushing, my head is reeling,
My face is flushing — what is this feeling?
Fervid as a flame... does it have a name?
Yes.....................

Loathing! Unadulterated loathing!
For your face, your voice, your clothing!
Let's just say... I loathe it all.
Every little trait, however small,
Makes my very flesh begin to crawl,
With simple utter loathing.
There's a strange exhilaration,
In such total detestation.
It's so pure and strong!

Though I do admit it came on fast,
Still I do believe that it can last.
And I will be loathing, loathing you
My whole..... life...... long!
©2003 Wicked A New Musical

2 comments:

Rabbi Jonathan B. Freirich said...

You know, loathing isn't really terribly constructive. I am disappointed - I expected you to be more solution-oriented. Instead, you have chosen to be consumed by the same emotionality that is preventing the country from finding any solutions or having any truly constructive debates. Oh well!

AMS said...

Hey, Rabbi: lighten up!